Saturday, January 27, 2007

Studio: Intensive Comments


:Continue to think about column form - I agree, column forms should perhaps also change throughout the spaces, especially when they pass through a floor or roof
:Could there be a way to use a smaller scale of platforms that connect the columns which would become displays? - I think the columns should stand alone and not be connected. If the columns are joined in some way, it would act to direct people and the idea is to have minimal if any direction.
:Change materiality of ramps (to glass?) to allow views to lower level ramps - I like this idea. Perhaps there can be slits of glass in the ramps, floors/ceilings to allow glimpses of above and below, and to allow light to filter through the spaces.
:Add steps to ramp surface for product display... further blurs distinction between different elements - yes and yes
:Add benches to steps... blurs line between floor display and circulation - yes
:Look at the use of different colors on the columns to visually guide customers to specific products. Perhaps shades and tones and not contrast and stark - This is something to think about. Along with the one below.
:Possible literal or material indicators for new / experienced users - Yes, I agree there needs to be something to guide you, or else no one would come back to the store after their first time, because they couldn't find anything! I am not sure what the resolution will be.
:Columns could do a similar thing as Felix with products moving through, thus being able to introduce more products without removing older. - I'm not sure I understand this comment, Paul can you explain?
:Space is dynamic, ever changing. Could the materiality of the columns change as building goes up? - yes
:Do the columns need to be vertical? What if they slanted at different angles? - I suppose they don't need to be vertical, but I did like the rigidity of the columns set against the organic flow of space.
:Environmentally temper this roof space... - I agree, it should be available for use in the cold months. This is something to think about and explore.
:I think you should explore this facade. Many opportunities can be gained - I agree, the facades are fairly unexpressive
:I love this model - Thanks Felix
:Frame views to architecture of Copley Square from playground - The roof could use some attention also. I'm not sure at this point how to express the roof manipulations to effect some change in other areas of the building
:This is a great feature... Do more of it throughout... Its exciting - Facade still underdeveloped
:Undulating landscape... How is this accomplished? I like how your concept goes from floor to ceiling - I have a few precedents for the undulating landscape, but agree that it needs further development

1 comment:

Kyle Basilius said...

i like how you put the comments on your images then loaded them on...good job