Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Studio: Detail


I am attempting to further break down the ribbons into thick and thin, with splits and detaching to create spaces within. I will continue to explore the ways in which this can happen in plan and section. I would like the spaces created to act as the product display, through shelving, platforms, or digital means. Because of the non-hierarchy between the floors/walls/ceiling/stairs, displaying the products this way may enforce the linearity and organic flow of the spaces.

3 comments:

Anne McQuown said...

Carli, I like this area you have detailed. I think it and other spaces like it will create a feeling of adventure or discovery if every space is just a little different than the others, but with the same organic movement

Anonymous said...

Carli, I like it so far however the columns bother me. You should take a step back to some of your precedents, eg. Du Haut and Duomo. Try revising the space by burying the structure inside of it, using wall thickness, or bends in it, similar to Thomas Jefferson's single brick thick walls at Virginia Univeristy(?).

Unknown said...

Carli, I keep thinking of some images I have seen in Architectural Record where the floor, walls and ceiling all appear to be the same surface. the floor slopes to the walls then to the ceiling. Here is a link to one of those images: http://archrecord.construction.com/projects/interiors/archives/0509_2endeavor-1.asp
You may want to look into some of these firms that are listed to gain some more inspiration.